Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
We actually serve these at holidays but everyone knows them as funeral potatoes so that is the name we will stick with.
- 2 lbs hash browns (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 (8 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2-1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups grated cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 -2 cup corn flakes
- Mix all the ingredients together except the cornflakes and the 4 tbsp butter. Place in a 9x13 inch pan.
- SPrinkle cornflakes and cubes of butter on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 minute.
Easy to make. But average in taste. Thanks for posting. Never have had before and glad I got the chance to taste them.
Tasted great! My husband says that he would serve them at his funeral! I did saute the onions before mixing them in ( I don't like rawish onions). This was definately a keeper. Thanks!
Comfort Food at its' Best! We've enjoyed a version of this at a local restaurant, and now I can make it at home! Only change I made was to use Healthy Request soup. Yummy- thanks for posting!