Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I learned this recipe from my Grandmother. She had 13 kids so she needed to make things stretch. This is a really good comfort food. I don't measure when I cook I just throw it in until it seems right. I will do my best to measure it out right.
- 2 lbs ground beef (ground chuck or round is what I use)
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans kidney beans (do not drain)
- 2 (12 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 6 -8 medium potatoes
- 2 -4 tablespoons chili powder (according to taste)
- Peel and cut potatoes in cubes.
- Boil until tender (do not drain).
- While potatoes are boiling fry up hamburger until no longer pink.
- Once potatoes are tender add remaining ingredients. Cook until heated through.