Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas, drained (reserve at least 1/2 cup liquid)
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter (she recommends natural, unhydrogenated)
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage or 1 leaf fresh sage, minced
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper
- Add all ingredients to a food processor; pulse until smooth.
- Begin adding reserved bean liquid, and if you like, additional peanut butter; keep pulsing until the consistency is smooth and velvety.
- Refrigerate overnight, or up to 2 days; bring to room temperature before serving.
I skipped out on the vinegar all together and just added some olive oil for texture. I wanted hummus but I'm snowed in! This is great in a pinch. I think I will make this again because its really cheap and easy.
Not your average hummus and had a definite distinct taste about it. I would probably decrease the vinegar a bit next time but overall, was very enjoyable. Thanks for another good recipe NurseDi:)