- 1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas, drained (reserve at least 1/2 cup liquid)
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter (she recommends natural, unhydrogenated)
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage or 1 leaf fresh sage, minced
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Add all ingredients to a food processor; pulse until smooth.
- Begin adding reserved bean liquid, and if you like, additional peanut butter; keep pulsing until the consistency is smooth and velvety.
- Refrigerate overnight, or up to 2 days; bring to room temperature before serving.