Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this recipe from Chitterlings, a soul food site. I love turnips and they sure are good as "fries." I'm not sure if there is such a thing as garlic and pepper seasoning, so I just mixed the two together to make 1 teaspoon and it turned out great. I used garlic salt with the pepper.
- 8 medium turnips
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spray a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pare and cut turnips into 2 1/2 x 1/2 inch sticks (about the size of steak fries).
- In gallon-size sealable plastic bag, combine cheese, onion powder, garlic seasoning and paprika.
- Add turnips.
- Seal bag, squeezing out air.
- Toss to coat turnips.
- Place turnips on baking sheet.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until turnips are tender and golden.