Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Recipe Source: http://award-winning-chili-recipes.blogspot.com A delicious and easy to make hillbilly chili recipe that has just the right amount of spice to satisfy everybody.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 small green pepper, coarsely chopped
- 3 (15 ounce) cans red kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons ground cumin
- Put meat, onion, and pepper in a 3 qt or larger pan. Salt and pepper to taste. Break meat up and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until meat is evenly browned; drain. Add beans, tomato sauce, garlic and seasoning.
- Simmer uncovered for about 30 to 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.