Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I like this recipe because it tastes soo yummy, it's easy to make, and i made it all my self.
Make and share this Hillbilly Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- Cook grits according to directions to get four cups of cooked grits, (I use half water and half milk and a half a stick of butter (not margarine).
- Cook bacon til crisp, making sure not to overcook.
- Crush bacon and place in bowl.
- Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- In a 2 quart baking dish, spread grits in bottom evenly, sprinkle crumbled bacon and cheese evenly over the top.
- In separate bowl whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper, and minced onion.
- Pour over grits, bacon and cheese.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until inserted knife comes out clean, sprinkle with more cheese and melt if desired.
My grandson and I really love this. I did pull it all together in the microwave instead of oven.
This was very, very good. DH had seconds. Followed the recipe exactly. The only thing was it took 40 minutes in the oven before the eggs set. Will definitely make again.
I loved this! Very easy to make and very tasty! Thanks!