I like this recipe because it tastes soo yummy, it's easy to make, and i made it all my self.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook grits according to directions to get four cups of cooked grits, (I use half water and half milk and a half a stick of butter (not margarine).
- 2Cook bacon til crisp, making sure not to overcook.
- 3Crush bacon and place in bowl.
- 4Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- 5In a 2 quart baking dish, spread grits in bottom evenly, sprinkle crumbled bacon and cheese evenly over the top.
- 6In separate bowl whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper, and minced onion.
- 7Pour over grits, bacon and cheese.
- 8Bake for 10-15 minutes until inserted knife comes out clean, sprinkle with more cheese and melt if desired.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hillbilly Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1118.9
- Calories from Fat 591
- Total Fat 65.7 g
- Saturated Fat 29.2 g
- Cholesterol 343.7 mg
- Sodium 1369.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 85.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 43.4 g