Recipe by TXOLDHAM
Another recipe from the Dallas Morning News I wanted to save. It incorporates some non-traditional ingredients and sounds delicious.
- 1 (10 ounce) package coleslaw mix (found in the produce department)
- 3 ears corn (about 2 cups kernels)
- 6 -7 scallions, green and white part, sliced
- 1 1⁄2-2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, shredded (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup ranch dressing (such as Marie's brand)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place shredded cabbage in a large bowl. Strip corn kernels from the ears. Place in a colander and pour boiling water over the kernels to blanch. Let cool completely and add to the cabbage.
- Add the scallions, blue cheese, cilantro and carrots (if using). Gently toss and add salt and pepper to taste.
- When ready to serve, add chilled ranch dressing and toss to combine.