Recipe by Sackville
This is a recipe for thin gingersnaps that my boyfriend got from one of his neighbours when he was just a boy.
- 1 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cloves
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream the margarine and sugar together and then stir in the syrup.
- Mix the flour, soda, spices and salt together.
- Stir into the creamed mixture.
- Form the dough into 3-4 rolls.
- Chill in the fridge for around an hour, then slice thinly into cookies.
- Bake at 400 F for 5-8 minutes.