Recipe by Leslie in Texas
I found this recipe in the RSVP section of an April 1981 issue of Bon Appetit. It was requested from the Chesapeake House in Tangier Island, Virginia.It's an easy to make side dish, great with BBQ's or holiday dinners. Adjust the sweetness by the amount of sugar you use.
Top Review by indianwolf
Haven't tried it yet but just reading the ing. this sounds like my mama's corn pudding. All of her hand written recipes "vanished" when she passed and I've been trying to recreate them so I will be tasting it in the next couple of hours. From a Virginia girl transplanted to Texas THANKS a bunch to Leslie for submitting this.
- 1⁄2-1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 eggs
- 1 (1 lb) can cream-style corn
- 1 (13 ounce) can evaporated milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 1 1/2-quart baking dish.
- Combine sugar and cornstarch in medium bowl.
- Add eggs, corn and milk and mix well.
- Turn into baking dish and dot generously with butter.
- Bake until center is almost firm, about 1 hour.