1/10 Photos of Highly Seasoned Chicken
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Asian influenced chicken using apricots, wine, ginger, garlic, basil, teriyaki be made as a main meal or as appetizers using only wings that's cut at the joints. Serve with white rice and a green salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces dried apricots
- 1/2 cup peach Chardonnay wine, will do (Abor Mist or Andre peach Champagne)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup brown sugar or 1/3 cup light honey
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 ounce fresh ginger, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil (optional)
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 5 lbs chicken legs (or combination) or 5 lbs chicken thighs (or combination) or 5 lbs chicken wings, washed and towel dried (or combination)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- 2In a saucepan heat apricots, chardonnay, lemon juice, brown sugar simmer till sugar is dissolved.
- 3Puree in a blender till smooth.
- 4Add garlic, ginger, sesame oil and teriyaki sauce stir and set aside.
- 5In a gallon size bag mix flour, cornstarch, and spices.
- 6Shake a couple pieces of chicken at a time to coat with flour mixture and set aside till all chicken is coated.
- 7In a large frying pan heat shortening over medium high heat.
- 8Brown a couple pieces of chicken at a time raising the heat if need be to golden brown and crisp on all sides.
- 9Drain on brown paper.
- 10Coat each piece of chicken with apricot sauce place on a lined a large cookie sheet with foil.
- 11Bake for 50 minutes.
- 12Turn oven to broiler and crisp chicken watching not to burn.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Highly Seasoned Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (487 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1056.5
- Calories from Fat 568
- Total Fat 63.2 g
- Saturated Fat 17.8 g
- Cholesterol 314.0 mg
- Sodium 1156.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 25.1 g
- Protein 71.5 g