Recipe by MarieRynr
These puds look stunning a they are, or decorated with dried apple rings. Spread thinly sliced rings of dessert apple over a baking sheet lined with baking parchment and bake at 140*C for 30 minutes.
Top Review by sugarpea
I have my own chickens so I'm totally confident of the freshness of my eggs and tried this recipe as written. The yolks don't really get cooked and the meringue isn't cooked at all. I used Calvados, an apple brandy but otherwise followed the directions precisely. The meringue didn't hold and began to separate and become foamy again after just an hour in the frig. Next time I'll add something to stabilize it. Because of the meringue, the dessert didn't look very appetizing but the flavor was great.
- 1 kg peeled cored and chopped cooking apple
- 100-125 g white sugar
- 0.59 ml mixed spice
- 0.59 ml nutmeg, freshly grated
- 59.16 ml lemon juice
- 4 eggs, separated
- 59.16-88.74 ml whiskey
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the apples in a large saucepan with the sugar, spices,lemonjuice and 4 TBS water.
- Bring to a boil, cover and simmer gently for 8 to 10 minutes, until soft and pulpy.
- Taste and add more sugar if it's a bit tart.
- Cool slightly, then beat in the egg yolks and whisky and leave to cool.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff and fold them through the apple mixure.
- Cover and chill until needed.
- To serve, spoon into serving dishes or glasses and, if you like, decorate with slices of dried apple.