Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is our favorite chicken dish! There is something about the cream sherry marinade that makes this chicken absolutely fabulous. The chicken develops a very complex flavor and the sauce is wonderfully tasty. The sauce is lovely made with either the cream or the low fat milk/water option. Since we don't usually have heavy cream onhand, the lowfat option was born and I am very happy with the result. Hope you enjoy this dish as much as we do.
- 1⁄2 cup cream sherry
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream (OR 2 tbsp water mixed with 2 tbsp powdered skim milk)
- In a shallow pan combine the following ingredients to make the marinade: sherry, garlic, oil, salt, pepper and thyme.
- Add the chicken to the marinade, cover and refridgerate for 30 minutes or more.
- When chicken has marinated for at least 30 minutes, melt butter in a frying pan over medium high heat.
- Quickly brown the chicken breasts, then lower the heat, cover and cook for 15-20 minutes until the chicken is no longer pink in the middle.
- Transfer chicken to plates.
- Add water to pan to deglaze it.
- Add remaining marinade to pan, bring to a boil (important for food safety since this marinated raw chicken) and simmer until reduced by half (at least 5 minutes).
- Add cream or low-fat milk and water alternative and heat through.
- Pour sauce over chicken.
- Serve with noodles or rice and roasted seasonal vegetables for a wonderful meal.
WOW, this is Delicious. We really enjoyed it. The chicken is very tasty, The sauce is Scrumptious. The next time I am doubling the sauce. DH wants more sauce. Thank you for such a delicious recipe.
OMG!!! This is my new favorite chicken recipe, the flavor is SUPERB! I did everything as directed except doubled it. I would suggest if you double the sauce, that you don't double the butter. Not needed, though yummy the sauce was a little greasier than it needed to be. My husband, who has never rated anything from Zaar higher than a 4 (yes, he is VERY picky) rated this a 5. His first 5!! WOO HOO! He also rated the roasted green beans (#133821) I made with it a 5! What a night :o))). Dessert is still in the oven, wonder if it will be a hat trick?
My first recipezaar attempt---a WINNER! Easy to make--I like sauce so I doubled the liquid amounts and used 10% (half&half)cream. I also cut the chicken into chunks--really sped it up. Served w penne and nuked frozen peas and corn. Wife and I licked the plates clean. THX