Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
There is a little town in the mountains of New Mexico called High Rolls. The primary industry in the area is the growing of fruit and the many festivals associated with it. This recipe celebrates the annual Cherry Festival. The recipe comes from Sabroso, a local dining and entertainment guide. The salsa is great with either fish or chicken.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sweet cherries, halved and pitted
- 1 yellow chili pepper, seeded, membrane removed, minced or
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded, membrane removed, minced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 yellow bell pepper, seeded, membrance removed, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- In a non-reactive bowl, combine the cherries, chile, bell pepper, garlic, ginger, olive oil, lime juice, zest, salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate 3 hours or until thoroughly chilled.
- Serve chilled.
Haven't tried this yet, but looks like what I'm looking for. Only one here without basil. Thank you for sharing. I'll let you know later....bb