1/2 Photos of High Rise Mashed Potato Biscuits / Breadsticks
Montana Heart Song's Note:
There is no shortening or butter in these biscuits, light fluffy and high with leftover mashed potatoes or instant mashed potatoes and with a slight touch of herbs in the dry dressing mix. This is so easy! One of my hubby's favorites.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2In mixing bowl mix flour, baking power and salt and dry dressing mix.
- 3If leftover mashed potatoes, warm them in microwave, or room temperature.It is fine if you have mashed potatoes with cream cheese in them or margarine or herbs. You may also make 1 or 2 cups instant potatoes using the directions on the box.
- 4Add mashed potatoes and mix. I use my hands.
- 5Note: I freeze leftover mashed potatoes in 1 cup quantities for these biscuits.
- 6In small bowl, add beaten egg and milk. Wisk together.
- 7Add the milk mixture into the dry mix and mix with a spoon until the sides come away from the bowl and dough is formed. Mix lightly.
- 8Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 9Turn out on a slightly floured board and pat down and around. Do not use a rolling pin. Pat down until 3/4 inch or 1 inch high.
- 10Spray Pam on baking sheet.
- 11Use a glass to cut out or a biscuit cutter.
- 12I make 9 - 10 large biscuits.
- 13Note: There will be little bits of herb throughout the biscuits. Good with honey and margarine or white gravy.
- 14Note: I cook mine, it takes 12 minutes and mine are large in diameter. Take out of oven when light brown to medium brown.
- 15Breadsticks: Pat out and cut in strips, I like to have the dough about an inch high.
- 16Lightly roll each strip, back and forth until it is round. Place on the baking pan with space between. You may brush with margarine or garlic butter the last few minutes of cooking. Cooking time: approx 7 minutes, but it is based on the size of breadsticks. You may serve garlic butter for dipping the breadsticks. Watch closely, they are small in diameter.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for High Rise Mashed Potato Biscuits / Breadsticks
Serving Size: 1 (119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 320.5
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 53.9 mg
- Sodium 853.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 10.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
buttermilk ranch salad dressing mix