Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A combination of regular cabbage soup and peanut butter soup. And tofu, just because I like tofu.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cabbage (small head)
- 1 lb carrot
- 1 small head of celery
- 1 lb mixed pepper
- 1 lb onion
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups peanut butter
- 2 (14 ounce) packages extra firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- garlic (I usually use 1 whole head but I love garlic)
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- water, to cover vegetables
- Dice all the vegetables into bite size pieces.
- Add to large pot with the tomatoes, spices add water to cover and bring to a simmer.
- Cut the tofu into bite-size pieces and drain on paper towel.
- Once the vegetables are tender add the peanut butter and milk and stir to incorporate.
- You can leave the vegetables in chunks or you may choose to puree them all in a blender (I prefer chunky).
- In a wok or similar shaped pan heat the peanut oil over med-high heat.
- Once the oil is hot brown the tofu chunks.
- Add the browned tofu to the soup.
- Garnish the soup with the fresh cilantro.
Very Delcious! I Love it!