Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A flapjack is a simple oaty cake that is sweet, chewy and very British. After getting sick of snacking on shop bought cereal bars that tasted more like cardboard, I decided to have a play with a basic flapjack recipe to produce a high protein version that would be a good post-workout snack (the normal butter is subbed for crunchy PB!) The reduced sugar also seems to encourage me to eat fewer of them! You could add sultanas too, or in place of the seeds.
- 180 g crunchy peanut butter
- 200 g golden syrup
- 2 medium bananas, mashed
- 100 g cashews, slightly smashed
- 50 g pumpkin seeds
- 50 g sunflower seeds
- 2 cups oats
- Preheat oven to 180C / 350°F.
- Melt the PB and syrup in a pan over a medium heat until well combined.
- Stir in the banana, nuts, seeds and oats.
- Line an 8 x 8 inch pan
- Encourage the mixture into a flat layer in the pan and smooth the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes (will still be soft when it comes out).
- Cut into 20 pieces.
- Cool for 20 minutes.