Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is really good if you are trying to lose fat and maintain muscle. For whole recipe: Calories: 820 / Fat: 30g - 33% / Carbs: 22g - 9% / Protein: 112g - 57%
- 2 cups low fat cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup vanilla whey powder (Any brand of protein powder will do)
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda granular or 1⁄4 cup other sugar substitute
- 1 lemon, juice and rind of, grated fresh
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 deg F.
- Put the cottage cheese, eggs, sour cream, whey powder, splenda, lemon rind an juice, and vanilla extract in a blender, and blend until very smooth.
- Pour mixed into a sprayed pie pan.
- Place the cake on the top rack of the oven and place a flat pan of water on the bottom rack.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes. Cook, then chill well before serving.
Just wanted to say you can use 8 oz package of FF cream cheese in place of 1 cup of the cottage cheese, Fage greek yogurt in place of sour cream, and 3/4 c protein powder (I used Cytomax from Costco) to significantly up the protein count and it still is delish!
Pretty good substitute for regular cheesecake, with the added benefit of protein! I added a little low sugar strawberry jam to the top of the cheesecake as well as some Cool Whip. Aside for the gritty texture that the cottage cheese inevitably adds, this is excellent!
This is a great idea and a pretty good "cheesecake".I used stevia and agave nectar for sweetening and used 1/4 c ff sour cream and 1/4 c ff plain yogurt.The lemon was very nice but I think I may use a little less potein powder next time as that is definately the dominant flavor.I baked it for 30 min. at which time the edges were puffed and browned and the center was set.I'm looking forward to making this again.Thank you!