Recipe by Gingerbear
This is really good if you are trying to lose fat and maintain muscle. For whole recipe: Calories: 820 / Fat: 30g - 33% / Carbs: 22g - 9% / Protein: 112g - 57%
Top Review by thrashej
Just wanted to say you can use 8 oz package of FF cream cheese in place of 1 cup of the cottage cheese, Fage greek yogurt in place of sour cream, and 3/4 c protein powder (I used Cytomax from Costco) to significantly up the protein count and it still is delish!
- 2 cups low fat cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup vanilla whey powder (Any brand of protein powder will do)
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda granular or 1⁄4 cup other sugar substitute
- 1 lemon, juice and rind of, grated fresh
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 deg F.
- Put the cottage cheese, eggs, sour cream, whey powder, splenda, lemon rind an juice, and vanilla extract in a blender, and blend until very smooth.
- Pour mixed into a sprayed pie pan.
- Place the cake on the top rack of the oven and place a flat pan of water on the bottom rack.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes. Cook, then chill well before serving.