Recipe by Hearthandmade
High protein, low carb and low fat Greek chicken salad recipe! I'm currently on a high protein muscle building diet and this is perfect to get my protein and veg intake up
Top Review by FLKeysJen
Loved it - tasty, filling and gives you lots of energy! Experts still say the fat from olive oil is not considered "bad" for you. I used fat free feta with Mediterranean herbs which provided most of the flavor so if that wasn't available I'd probably add herbs to the dressing and grill the chicken with Greek seasoning.
- 4 ounces chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup sliced cucumber
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 4 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat your oven to 400°F and coat a baking sheet with low fat cooking spray.
- Season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper. Place the chicken on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes until it's cooked through
- Cut the chicken into two-inch pieces.
- In a large bowl, toss the cucumber onion and feta cheese.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar oil and mustard. Add the mustard to the cucumber mixture and stir to coat. Stir in the chicken.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Serve the chicken salad over the Romaine lettuce.