Recipe by Dee514
Combining a grain with a legume, seeds, nuts and amaranth gives you a high-protein breakfast or snack. If you can't drink milk, serve with soy milk. (Posted by request.)
- 2 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 3⁄4 cup amaranth flour
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup grated unsweetened coconut
- 1⁄3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄3 cup peanuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower oil
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup raisins or 3⁄4 cup other dried fruit (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, flour, walnuts, coconut, sunflower seeds, peanuts and cinnamon.
- Combine the oil and honey in a small saucepan, heat briefly to liquefy the honey.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- Pour over the oat mixture, and mix well.
- Spread mixture in a thin layer in a jelly-roll pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 to 30 minutes, stirring mixture every 10 minutes.
- Granola is done when it is golden brown.
- Allow to cool, stir in raisins or other dried fruit, then store in the refrigerator in tightly capped jars.