Recipe by gatoloco
This is a modification of Jo-Lynne Shane's recipe from her blog "Musings of a Housewife." I've swapped a large portion of the gluten-free flour for oat flour to make the bread heartier and added nuts to up the protein.
- 4 large eggs
- 473.18 ml mashed very ripe bananas or 4 bananas
- 236.59 ml turbinado sugar
- 118.29 ml unsweetened applesauce
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 295.73 ml oat flour
- 177.44 ml gluten-free flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml xanthan gum
- 14.79 ml cinnamon
- 78.07 ml coconut oil, melted
- 118.29 ml chopped pecans
- 118.29 ml slivered almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. (365 for high altitude).
- 2. Mash bananas. Add eggs, sugar, vanilla, applesauce and cinnamon.
- 3. Add dry ingredients. Add an extra tablespoon of flour for high altitude.
- 4. Fold in melted coconut oil until blended.
- 5. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. (365 for 25 minutes for high altitude).