Recipe by gatoloco
This is a modification of Jo-Lynne Shane's recipe from her blog "Musings of a Housewife." I've swapped a large portion of the gluten-free flour for oat flour to make the bread heartier and added nuts to up the protein.
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups mashed very ripe bananas or 4 bananas
- 1 cup turbinado sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups oat flour
- 3⁄4 cup gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. (365 for high altitude).
- 2. Mash bananas. Add eggs, sugar, vanilla, applesauce and cinnamon.
- 3. Add dry ingredients. Add an extra tablespoon of flour for high altitude.
- 4. Fold in melted coconut oil until blended.
- 5. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. (365 for 25 minutes for high altitude).