Recipe by Steve_G
This is a fantastic treat for any one on a low sugar diet, it'll never as creamy as real ice cream, but it does have a lot of flavor and is welcome change to the usual. Use it to replace a meal if you add the optional protein powder!
- 2 cups plain nonfat yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (or almond extract)
- 2⁄3 cup protein powder (Any flavor is fine, can be soy, whey, etc.) (optional)
- 3 (1 g) packets artificial sweetener, of your choice (More can be used if desired.)
Directions See How It's Made
- Have your ice cream maker ready to go, with bowl handy in the freezer.
- In a blender, food processor, with a hand blender or a electric mixer mix all ingredients until well combined.
- Taste and adjust sweetness and extracts.
- Put a couple handfuls of ice cubes in the mix and place in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Remove ice cubes with a slotted spoon and pour mix into ice cream freeze.
- Freeze per manufactures directions.
- Can be eaten immediately or stored in the freezer in a lidded container for 24 hours.