Recipe by Kookin_Keridactyl
Delicious, thick and nutritious breakfast smoothie. I'm personally not a big breakfast person, but they do say it's the most important meal of the day and I'm fine to stand by that. This will keep you full for several hours, and is high in protein and antioxidants.
Top Review by Mia in Germany
Delicious! I used carnberry juice and a little pomegranate syrup as I could not find the juice, and the yoghurt was Greek sheep yoghurt. This was so thick I could spoon it, a bit like ice cream for breakfast. Will make this again! Thanks for sharing.
Made for My Three Chefs.
- 1⁄2 cup raspberries
- 1⁄2 cup blueberries
- 1 scoop protein powder (this can be purchased from supermarkets, health stores and drug stores)
- 1⁄4 yogurt (Greek yogurt or probiotic are best)
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice or 1⁄2 cup cranberry juice
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate-acai juice
- 1 tablespoon honey (preferably organic but anything works)
Directions See How It's Made
- This is a thick smoothie, so add 1/4 cup of orange juice first (or alternate juice with thick ingredients), then add the blueberries followed by the yogourt. Raspberries and Acai juice go right on top.
- Add the powder and the remaining juice, followed by honey.
- Begin to blend. If you find the smoothie is too thick, add anything else you might want.