Prep 40 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1⁄3 package fast rise yeast
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄8 cup soy flour (deffated)
- 1⁄8 cup warm water
- 1⁄8 cup fat-free margarine or 1⁄8 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 tablespoon parsley or 1⁄4 tablespoon caraway seeds or 1⁄4 tablespoon poppy seeds or 1⁄4 tablespoon coarse salt
- In a bowl, combine yeast, salt, and half of the flour.
- Stir in very warm water, beat vigorously.
- Stir in oil or butter.
- Put flour on slightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic.
- Mix in the rest of the flour to keep dough from sticking.
- Cover dough with plastic wrap and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Divide dough into 10 equal pieces.
- Shape each into a 10-12 inch rope.
- Sprinkle each rope with seasonings.
- Place ropes one inch apart on a cookie sheet and bake about 20 minutes or until golden and crisp.