Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
- 1 package yeast
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 6 cups unbleached flour
- 1⁄2 cup soy flour
- 3⁄4 cup dry skim milk powder
- 3 tablespoons wheat germ
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Dissolve yeast and honey in 3 cups lukewarm water in large bowl.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Sift next 3 ingredients together in bowl.
- Stir in wheat germ.
- Add salt and half the dry ingredients to yeast, beating well until elastic.
- Add butter and enough remaining flour to make soft dough.
- Knead on floured surface until smooth and elastic.
- Place in greased plastic bag.
- Chill overnight.
- Punch dough down and shape into 2 large or 3 small loaves.
- Place in greased loaf pans.
- Let rise until doubled in bulk.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes, covering with foil if bread browns too quickly.