Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
these muffins are moist with a nutty whole grain flavour
- 2 1⁄2 cups bran flakes
- 1 1⁄2 cups raisins
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup soy flour
- 1 cup toasted wheat germ
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup honey
- 2⁄3 cup light cooking oil (not olive oil, I like sunflour or safflower oil)
- 1⁄4 cup dark molasses
- Mix bran flakes, raisins and milk in a bowl.
- In another bowl, mix the flours, wheat germ, baking powder, nutmeg and salt.
- In a third bowl, beat the eggs, honey, oil and molasses until very well combined.
- Add the egg mixture to the bran flake mixture and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients all at once and stir just enough to moisten (do not overmix).
- Put 3" paper muffin cups into muffin pans and fill 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake at 350F for 25 minutes or until done.