Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Recipe from http://www.cooksrecipes.com/appetizer/high-protein-bars-recipe.html. No nutritional information available there, though, so I wanted to run it through the recipezaar calculator.
- 5 large eggs or 10 egg whites
- 1 cup canola oil or 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups honey
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 3 oranges, juice of (and pulp)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups soy flour
- 1⁄2 cup powdered milk
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350*F (175*C).
- Grease a jelly-roll baking pan; set aside.
- Beat eggs in large mixing bowl.
- Add oil, honey, corn syrup and oranges.
- mixing well.
- Blend together wheat flour, soy flour, dry milk, spices and remaining dry ingredients; mixing well.
- Pour into prepared baking pan and bake for 40.
- When cool, cut into bars and wrap in plastic wrap or foil and store in the freezer.
- Excellent high energy food for backpacking or a nutritious snack.
- You can use 2 cups honey and omit the corn syrup.
- For variation, add.
- 1 1/2 cups raisins or chocolate chips if desired.
First of all someone that is making this is probably is healthy....corn syrup would not be something I would even think of adding.