Recipe by lorax1999
High Protein, slightly better for you muffin
Top Review by cookwithwhine
There is something wrong with this recipe as written! There is not enough liquid - not even close!<br/>I had 3 very ripe bananas. I added 6 ounces of yogurt and used 2 whole eggs. I had to add 3/4 cup of nonfat milk just to mix the batter. That being said, the muffins are very dense and do have a wonderful flavor
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 large overly ripe bananas, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 2 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- vegetable-oil cooking spray
- flour, for dusting pans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Spray 12 muffin tins with cooking spray and dust with flour.
- Set aside.
- Combine flour, brown sugar, cocoa, and baking soda. Add bananas, yogurt, egg whites, vanilla, pecans, and raisins.
- Pour batter into prepared cups and top with oat & bran cereal. Bake until a tooth pick inserted into the middle comes out clean - about 30 - 35 minutes.