Recipe by rsarahl
This gluten free bread is just lightly sweet. The banana and coconut oil lend moisture while the quinoa or millet flour adds a boost of protein and flax jumps in with a hit of omega 3 goodness. Great toasted with a bit of nut butter or jam.
- 2 cups bananas, mashed (about 4 bananas)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla powder
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 1 1⁄4 cups water or 1 1⁄4 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 3⁄4 cup coconut flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown rice flour
- 1 cup quinoa flour or 1 cup millet flour
- 2 tablespoons flax seed meal (ground flaxseed)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (warmed to liquid form)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup semisweet vegan chocolate chips (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Turn on your oven to 350 degrees F to preheat.
- Combine all ingredients in bowl of your stand mixer.
- Mix on low speed until everything is incorporated.
- If the mix seems dry, add about 1/4 cup of water and mix again. We are looking for the texture to be tighter than pancake batter but not as firm as a regular bread dough.
- Prepare a loaf pan by lightly rubbing coconut oil on the interior surfaces.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated 350 degree oven for 40-45 minutes or until a wooden skewer inserted in the center comes out clean and the top is golden.
- Let the bread cool before slicing.