Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I live in a country where summer temperatures get to 38C with over 95% humidity. After a few disasters with buttercream melting off my cakes, I developed a fail-proof (and yummy) recipe to withstand the high temperatures and humidity.
- In a large bowl, beat shortening butter and margarine till light and fluffy (about 10-15 minutes).
- Add icing sugar one cup at a time,beating well after each addition.
- Combine corn starch and cream. Add to mixture and beat well.
- Add vanilla extract and lemon. Beat well.
- Add meringue powder. Beat well.
- Thin with a little more cream if too thick, to desired consistency.