Chef #233532's Note:
I live in a country where summer temperatures get to 38C with over 95% humidity. After a few disasters with buttercream melting off my cakes, I developed a fail-proof (and yummy) recipe to withstand the high temperatures and humidity.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, beat shortening butter and margarine till light and fluffy (about 10-15 minutes).
- 2Add icing sugar one cup at a time,beating well after each addition.
- 3Combine corn starch and cream. Add to mixture and beat well.
- 4Add vanilla extract and lemon. Beat well.
- 5Add meringue powder. Beat well.
- 6Thin with a little more cream if too thick, to desired consistency.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for High Humidity Buttercream Icing
Serving Size: 1 (760 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 826.8
- Calories from Fat 342
- Total Fat 38.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.3 g
- Cholesterol 38.8 mg
- Sodium 240.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 124.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 117.6 g
- Protein 0.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: