Recipe by stevoph
I live in a country where summer temperatures get to 38C with over 95% humidity. After a few disasters with buttercream melting off my cakes, I developed a fail-proof (and yummy) recipe to withstand the high temperatures and humidity.
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1⁄4 cup butter (at room temperature)
- 1⁄2 cup palm oil based margarine (the kind that does not require refridgeration)
- 4 cups icing sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons meringue powder
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, beat shortening butter and margarine till light and fluffy (about 10-15 minutes).
- Add icing sugar one cup at a time,beating well after each addition.
- Combine corn starch and cream. Add to mixture and beat well.
- Add vanilla extract and lemon. Beat well.
- Add meringue powder. Beat well.
- Thin with a little more cream if too thick, to desired consistency.