Recipe by Chabear01
Posting this recipe for ZWT II 2006 gotten from Kosher Cooking web site, where Steve Kassel, of Daly City California posted it. His notes indicate that this should be made a day ahead of serving. Because of this I don't include the chilling time in the cooking time as you will be doing something else.
Top Review by Shelly Morton
I made this for Thanksgiving and it went over very well. We thought it was even better the next day. I loved the addition of the almonds. The only change I made was to add an extra egg. It helped hold everything together better and made it a little richer. Thanks, we'll be making again.
- 1 lb egg noodles, medium width
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 8 ounces golden raisins
- 3 ounces almonds, finely chopped
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained (weight is approx)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine sugar, raisins, pineapple, finely chopped almonds, chopped apples, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Boil noodles for approximately 10 minutes. Drain noodles and add butter (cut into small pieces to melt easier) while still hot. Add other ingredients and one slightly beaten egg.
- Pour into very well greased 9"X13" pan dot with butter and bake for 1 hour. WAIT UNTIL THE NEXT DAY TO CUT OR IT WILL FALL APART. After it has cooled completely , refrigerate. Serve hot or cold. Reheats well in oven or Microwave.