Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
These do resemble little chocolate hats!
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 32 large marshmallows, halved
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- Cream butter and sugar together in bowl.
- Beat in egg.
- Add sour cream and vanilla.
- Stir flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt together.
- Add to sour cream mixture.
- Mix well.
- On lightly floured suface roll out dough to 1/8 inch thick.
- Cut into 2 inch rounds.
- Place on lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake in 350 degree F.
- oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Cut marshmallows in half.
- Scissors do this well.
- Place marshmallow half in center of hot cookie immediately upon removal from oven.
- Let stand to cool.
- Coating: Melt chocolate chips and butter in small saucepan over low heat.
- Spoon over top of marshmallow while holding cookie.
- Place on waxed paper to set.
- *Ifdough seems to sticky, chill for 1/2 hour.