Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
My mother in law is on a low sodium, high fibre diet and so I wanted to create a great muffin for her to snack on. After a few tries, this one hit the mark - they don't last long in our house!
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup Fiber One cereal (or any high fibre cereal)
- 1 1⁄2 cups wheat bran
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- Cream butter and brown sugar.
- Add molasses and eggs and beat well.
- Add milk, bran, flaxseed and cereal.
- Combine flour, baking powder, soda, salt, cinnamon and cloves.
- Add to liquid ingredients.
- Add fruit and nuts.
- Spoon into prepared muffin tins 2/3 full.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 18 minutes.
- Makes 16 average sized muffins.