Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
For our health, my stepson and I have to lose weight. His heart health is a very important factor. I play with recipes to cut transfat and sugars while adding filling fiber. This recipe is based on a Toll House Chocolate Chip cookie recipe in a 1957 version of the Betty Crocker cook book. They are soft, chewy and buttery.
- 3⁄4 cup I Can't Believe It's Not Butter® Spread (cooking and baking spread)
- 1 cup Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup macadamia nuts (chopped)
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1⁄3 cup toasted wheat germ
- Preheat over to 375 degrees, line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream together "I Can't Believe Its Not Butter" spread with Splenda and Molasses.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix.
- Sift together the All Purpose Flour, Whole Wheat Flour, Baking Soda, Baking Powder and Salt.
- Fold into butter/sugar mixture until well mixed.
- Add nuts, chips and wheat germ.
- Use a teaspoon to measure out the right amount of dough and drop onto the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake in 375 degree oven for 10 - 12 minutes.