Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
A high in fiber rolled oat bar made from cereal and homemade oats.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1⁄2 ounces wheat germ
- 3 ounces puffed wheat cereal
- 4 ounces sunflower seeds
- 4 1⁄2 cups Fiber One cereal
- 6 ounces miniature chocolate chips
- 8 ounces honey
- 2 ounces brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ounce butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Take oats, wheat germ, sunflower seeds and place on baking tray.
- Put in oven for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.
- Take honey, brown sugar, vanilla, butter and place in saucepan on medium heat.
- Once dissolved, scoop oats mixture into melted sugar and stir.
- Add in Fiber One cereal and stir until incorporated.
- In a separate 9 X 13 baking pan, oil the interior, then add the entire honey oat fiber one mixture.
- Use the bottom of another pan which has been oiled to flattened and even the top of the baking pan.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the entire baking pan.
- Put into the oven and bake at 300 degrees for about 25 minutes.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!
I made these for my 7 1/2 months pregnant daughter because of the fiber and folic acid content. The recipe doesn't say what to do with the puffed wheat cereal so I added it at the same time that I added the fiber cereal. She said the taste was ok, but she would not want me to make them again. Knowing my daughter, I am pretty sure that I will eventually have to toss them as old and unused. I am sure the health benefits of these bars would be fantastic, but as a healthy TASTY item, they just did not appeal to us. Sorry that these did not work out for us. We will not be making this again.