Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
My kids love these muffins spread with "prune butter".
- 1 1⁄2 cups ground flax seeds
- 3⁄4 cup vanilla whey protein powder or 3⁄4 cup soy protein powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups vanilla-flavored soymilk
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup Xylitol sweetener or 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Whisk together dry ingredients.
- In another bowl whisk together wet ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients.
- Let mixture sit for a couple of minutes.
- Divide evenly among greased 12 muffin tin.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
Great recipe! These muffins are hearty, but have a nice, clean taste and texture to them. Delicious, healthy, on-the-go food... I have a feeling I'll be making these often for breakfast during the work week! I also think these would be great with blueberries and/or banana baked into them. (reviewed for Fall 2009 PAC)