Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Another great recipe from Master Cook.
Make and share this High Fiber Energy Bars recipe from Food.com.
- Combine prunes (and apricots if using) with the orange juice in a blender. Blend until almost smooth, scrapping down the sides of the blender a few times. Stir in the nuts; set mixture aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the margarine, sugar and honey. Beat in the egg. Mix in flour, oats, wheat germ, baking soda and salt to blend thoroughly.
- Grease a 9 × 13-inch baking pan. Spread a little less than half of the flour mixture evenly in the pan. Spread the prune mixture evenly over the mixture in pan, keeping the prune mixture to within 1/2 inch of the edges. Crumble the remaining flour mixture over the top to cover the prune mixture. Pat down gently.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven 30-35 minutes or until browned and springs back to the touch.
- Cool on wire rack. Cut into bars about 1 by 2 inches each.
These were pretty good, I like the layering, but it made more like 12-24 bars. I didn't have wheat germ but I subbed ground flax and it came out fine. I think I'm going to make them again replacing half of the prunes with raisins.