Recipe by catkoehn
A quick and easy recipe for muffins without all of the fat! These muffins are hearty, quick and easy to make, and full of fiber. You can refrigerate them for a week or freeze for three months. I started with a regular boxed muffin mix and added fruit and nuts to increase the fiber and make them heartier.
- 3 cups oat bran
- 3 cups water
- 17 1⁄2 ounces fat free muffin mix
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 ounces prunes
- 2 pears
- 1⁄2 cup pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat over to 400°F.
- Grease muffin pans or use silicon muffin pans.
- Pour water over oat bran and soak for five minutes.
- Chops fruit and nuts into small pieces.
- Add fruit, nuts, and remaining ingredients to the oat bran and mix well.
- Fill cups and bake approximately 18 minutes.