Recipe by rog3er
Filed under: Irish, Southern, Swedish, Soul food Total time: 28 min PT1680.0S Prep time: 10 min Serves 12
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 cup oat bran
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon allspice
- 2 mashed bananas
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons oil (cooking)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together flour, oat bran, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and allspice.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine mashed bananas, milk, egg substitute, cooking oil and vanilla.
- Add all at once to the flour mixture. Stir until moistened.
- Put into muffin pans you have sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 18 to 20 minutes.
- Makes 12 muffins. You can add raisins, nuts, shredded carrots, etc.