Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
This is a recipe I modified from one I found online. The muffins are good.
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 cup oat bran
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon allspice
- 2 mashed bananas
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together flour, oat bran, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and allspice.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine mashed bananas, milk, egg substitute, cooking oil and vanilla.
- Add all at once to the flour mixture. Stir until moistened.
- Put into muffin pans you have sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 18 to 20 minutes.
- Makes 12 muffins. You can add raisins, nuts, shredded carrots, etc.
These were easy and excellent. I made 12, and will pack 2 for my lunch each day (they are small and fantastic for a filling snack). Thank you!
My husband and I enjoyed these muffins. They were moist and tasty. The only thing I did different was I used one egg instead of egg substitute and I added one chopped apple. Thanks for Sharing