Recipe by Vino Girl
From Bob's Red Mill.
Top Review by ThinOne
These were delicious. I used an unsulfered molasses from the health food store for a richer deeper flavor. These were exactly the muffin I was looking for. Tender, moist, rich in flavor. I added 1/2 cup black walnuts (an acquired taste)for a crunchy texture and have also used craisins several times instead of raisins.
- 1 cup wheat bran
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup molasses or 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 egg, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Stir together: bran, flour, soda and baking powder.
- Then stir in raisins and set aside.
- Blend milk, molasses, oil and egg.
- Add to dry ingredients and stir JUST UNTIL MOISTENED.
- Spoon into greased muffin tins and bake for 15 minutes or until muffins pull away from sides of cups.