Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is a high energy treat for your birds, but it takes about 3 hours to complete.
- 5 -7 lbs raw suet
- 1 lb fatty bacon
- 2 cups raw peanuts (chopped)
- 2 cups raisins
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup dry dog food (crushed)
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cracked corn or 1⁄2 cup mixed bird seed
- Cook suet until melted.
- Fry bacon till crisp (save the fat).
- Add crumbled bacon and fat to the melted suet.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into a pan.
- Allow mixture to cool completely and cut into squares that fit in your suet feeder.
Oh Mimi, thanks for posting!! I suggest using an old juice/milk carton=the paper kind. Pour into carton, chill and slice! The slices fit into my suet feeders perfectly!!