Recipe by Skater
Pear, Apple and Plum Jam. A pretty deep pink; delicious traditional English jam made from windfall fruit. Weigh the fruit after it is prepared.
- 2 lbs apples
- 2 lbs pears
- 2 lbs plums
- 4 ounces water
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of, grated
- 1 piece gingerroot (small piece)
- 4 1⁄2 lbs granulated sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Weigh the fruit after it is prepared.
- Peel, core and chop the apples and pears, stone and chop the plums. Place in a large heavy-based pan, add the water and simmer 40-45 minutes until soft and pulpy. Remove from the heat and whisk to break up the fruit but don't make it smooth.
- Add the sugar and stir until dissolved, add the lemon juice and rind and the bruised ginger root tied in a piece of muslin. Boil briskly until setting (about 15 minutes). Put into sterilized jars and seal.