Recipe by janetgran51
Living at 7000 feet has proved to be a challenge in many ways and baking is probably pretty high on that list. Cookies have proved to be a big challenge so I keep experimenting. My husband says this version is a keeper.
- 2 1⁄3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Farenheit. In small bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt; set aside. In a larger bowl, combine butter, sugars and vanilla; beat until creamy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Gradually add flour mixture. Mix well before stirring in chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonful on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes. Let cool on pan for a couple of minutes, then finish cooling on wire racks.