Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
"Developed by Max & Bumpa on a camping trip to High Cliff State Park, Appleton, Wisconsin, USA." From the Kitchen of: MAX Huddleston (age 8) & Dale Matthews (older than dirt). Served at the Nothside Planning Council sponsorship for the Racial Equility Forum on Monday, January 26, 2015 in the Sherman Middle School.
- 3 lbs angus sirloin steaks
- 3⁄4 lb Italian sausage (without casing)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 white onions, chopped
- 4 bell peppers, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup h.c.c. chili seasoning mix, # 520724
- 2 tablespoons chili paste
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomatoes
- 24 ounces beer
- 2 jalapenos (3 slits in side)
- 3⁄4 cup market cafe maple syrup
- 30 ounces pinto beans, drained
- Dice meats into 3/8" pieces. Coat meats with 1/2 of spice mix, Set aside.
- Saute onions in olive oil and rice vinegar until clear, Add peppers and garlic and saute till wilted. Remove from pan and add meats into remaining juices until browned.
- Drain remaining juices, Add liquid of choice, rest of spice mix, chili paste, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, and jalapenos.
- Bring to a low boil, reduce heat to simmer, cover and occasionally stir. Simmer approximately 2 1/2 hours. Test for taste and spice (Heat). If you want less (Heat), remove jalapenos. If you want more "Heat", take a spoon and squeeze the juices out of the Jalapenos and leave in the Chili. Adjust taste with chili powder and/or salt. Simmer 10 minutes. Last 5 minutes before finish, add beans and Maple Syrup. (#281706).