Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
So good and creamy! Rather than using the onion powder, you can slice a small onion and place over the top of the potatoes before baking. My family would choke if they saw an onion, so I sneak in the onion powder for a little bit of flavor.
- Peel potatoes and thinly slice.
- Melt butter; add flour, salt and pepper; blend.
- Gradually add milk.
- Cook until smooth and thick, stirring constantly.
- Add potatoes and onion powder, cover.
- Simmer for 7 minutes.
- Pour into greased 8X12 inch glass baking dish.
- Bake uncovered in 350F oven until tender, about 1 hour.