Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
As a recent transplant to Colorado, I am having to convert all my recipes to work in High Altitude. This is my attempt at Pecan Pie.
- 3⁄4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 3 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2⁄3 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon unsulphured molasses
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups pecan halves
- Position rack in lower third of oven. Preheat oven to 425 degrees and set cookie sheet on rack to get hot.
- Line 9-inch pie plate with crust. Line crust with foil and fill with pie weights. Place on cookie sheet in oven. Prebake crust 15-17 minutes. Remove cookie sheet with pie plate on it, gather up edges of foil with pie weights inside and lift out. Set aside pie shell.
- Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees. Move oven rack to center of oven.
- In bowl of electric mixer or in large bowl using whisk, beat together brown sugar and eggs. Mix in all remaining ingredients except nuts. Pour filling into partially baked pastry shell and arrange nuts on top. Bake 20-25 minutes, or until table knife inserted in center comes out clean or coated with clear syrup.
- Cool pie on wire rack and serve at room temperature.