Jamie B's Note:
This is a slight adaptation of Bev's wonderful "Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies" Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies. They're naturally gluten-free, with no special ingredients, and they taste like regular peanut butter cookies. I live at about 5200 feet above sea level. I'm adding details on the peanut butter ingredients for a GF (and alergy aware) cookie exchange.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 355 degrees F.
- 2Mix peanut butter and sugar until smooth.
- 3Beat egg and baking soda.
- 4Add egg mixture to peanut butter mixture, stirring well.
- 5Roll into balls about 1 inch in diameter. Place on cookie sheet, leaving room for cookies to grow to almost 3 inches in diameter.
- 6Flatten each ball with tines of fork, making a cross pattern.
- 7Bake until puffed and slightly golden, about 8 - 12 minutes.
- 8Cool for a couple minutes on cookie sheets, then transfer to a rack to finish cooling.
- 9* JIF creamy peanut butter ingredients: roasted peanuts, sugar, contains 2% or less of molasses, fully hydrogenated vegetable oils (rapeseed and soybean), mono- and diglycerides, salt.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for High Altitude Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (24 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 116.0
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 9.3 mg
- Sodium 94.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 3.5 g