Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is a slight adaptation of Bev's wonderful "Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies" Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies. They're naturally gluten-free, with no special ingredients, and they taste like regular peanut butter cookies. I live at about 5200 feet above sea level. I'm adding details on the peanut butter ingredients for a GF (and alergy aware) cookie exchange.
- Preheat oven to 355 degrees F.
- Mix peanut butter and sugar until smooth.
- Beat egg and baking soda.
- Add egg mixture to peanut butter mixture, stirring well.
- Roll into balls about 1 inch in diameter. Place on cookie sheet, leaving room for cookies to grow to almost 3 inches in diameter.
- Flatten each ball with tines of fork, making a cross pattern.
- Bake until puffed and slightly golden, about 8 - 12 minutes.
- Cool for a couple minutes on cookie sheets, then transfer to a rack to finish cooling.
- * JIF creamy peanut butter ingredients: roasted peanuts, sugar, contains 2% or less of molasses, fully hydrogenated vegetable oils (rapeseed and soybean), mono- and diglycerides, salt.
Great recipe for us gluten free eaters! I substituted Sunbutter (sunflower seed spread) and egg replacer and the cookies turned out delicious. Thanks for sharing.